Thursday, July 26, 2007

What's Next?

I’m sitting her staring at the cursor, blinking black against the white page of a Microsoft Word Document trying to think about what I want to write about today. My coworker says the random topic should be “what’s next”. I say of course, “what do you mean what’s next” and he replies just in general, “what’s next”. And it hit’s me that when you stop and think about it, what’s next can really be a very valid question that applies to just about everything. I mean, when you wake up in the morning, isn’t the first thought you normally have “what’s next” What do I do next. Who do I see next. How long do I have to lay here before I have to tackle what’s next in my life. What do I eat next? Who do I talk to next? Where do I go next? What do I see, wear, touch or feel next? Who do I love next? So many things in our lives revolve around what’s next. Maybe, just maybe, we need to stop rushing through life worrying about what’s next and spend just a little bit more time thinking about what we’re doing right now. Then maybe we’d all be a little happier, more relaxed and better able to deal when what’s next actually comes along.

No comments: